How do you turn regular care into excellent care? By looking through the eyes of the patient and the client.
Patients, clients and their relatives are an invaluable resource when it comes to improving the quality of care. They are experience-experts. Thereby, they are the only ones that pass through the entire care process.
By actively listening to experiences of patients/clients and their relatives the quality and safety of care can be substantially improved, without requiring major change processes. Besides matters that are actually visible (like incidents), also matters that are less tangible can be made visible. For example inadequate communication, unfair treatment or a bad atmosphere.
Unfortunately, in most healthcare institutions patient/client participation is mainly reflected in policy documents. It is about time to change this!
E-book about patient/client participation
- Read what patient/client participation means;
- Read how it contributes to the quality and safety of health institutions;
- Learn which tools are available to do so, using the participation ladder;
- Learn how to follow up on the results obtained;
- Get examples of other healthcare institutions;
- Get practical tips on how to successfully implement participation initiatives;
- Discover how software can support participation initiatives in your organization.