Burjeel Hospital for Advanced Surgery (BHAS) is one of the finest medical facilities providing premium and state-of-the-art medical facilities in the region.
BHAS takes quality and safety management extremely serious. Their continuous focus on improving the quality and safety has been recognized by the Joint Commission International (JCI). JCI is acknowledged as one of the highest International standards of safety and care that can be achieved by a hospital.
However, like His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum said “In the race for excellence, there is no finish line”. So BHAS continues to set (new) quality goals:
- Establish standardized, and more efficient processes to serve their patients.
- Close communication gaps between departments.
- Make everyone accountable for safety as well as for continuous improvements.
- Secure all adverse events are reported, are reported in a timely manner, without distortion of facts and with utmost precision.
- Identify proper improvement actions based on reported incidents.
- Spread interdepartmental learning opportunities based on improvement actions.
- Promote the Patient Safety Culture.
The person responsible for these goals is the well-renowned Quality & Risk Manager of VPS Healthcare Dubai & NE, Ms. Obaida Qatuni.
As a solution to these goals she started looking for an online quality management system.
She explains: “With an increase in patient flow at the facility, it was becoming increasingly important to find a more efficient and effective way to server our customers.” She realized an online quality management system enables to standardize processes, reduce errors and monitor progress.“With the time saved we can free our hands and minds for further growth and focus on what else we can do to maximize Quality & Safety.”
In this case study Ms. Obaida Qatuni tells about their criteria for selecting an online quality system and why they choose to use the TPSC software.
BHAS now has the system in use for 12 months and they are already measuring the first results/ROI. Ms. Obaida extensively tells about their first results and explains how these results are achieved.
Finally, Ms. Obaida provides you with tips and tricks when implementing an online quality management system!